Daniel Sturridge is injured again! By this point, no-one is really surprised to be honest. Over the last 16 months, the England striker has managed to miss 55 games, and his place on the plane for the Euros next year is looking increasingly unlikely.
After scoring 2 goals on his return to the game against Southampton in the Capital One Cup last week, things were looking up for Sturridge. However, having come on as a substitute against Newcastle last weekend, the 26-year-old managed to tweak his pesky hamstring… again, and all that hope garnered by the Liverpool faithful has now gone out the window… again.
The man with possibly the most fragile legs in the game is now looking at his tenth stretch on the sidelines in just 3 seasons. His time at Liverpool truly has been cursed!
Here are the poor sod’s injuries in date order:
1. February – March 2013 – Dead leg and minor knock
2. May 2013 – Ankle ligaments
3. September 2013 – Thigh
4. November 2013 to January 2014 – Ankle ligaments
5. April 2014 – Hamstring
6. July 2014 – hamstring
7. September 2014 to January 2015 – Thigh and calf
8. April to September 2015 – Hip
9. October to November 2015 – Knee and foot
10. December 2015 – Hamstring
Having said that, it does look like this injury is less serious than the others, but still, you have to feel for the guy!